Recent Posts: dotphysicalblog|Queens, NYC
HgB A1C level and diabetes in commercial truck drivers
Source: Interpretation of Bedside Urinalysis This post was published in Life In the Fast Lane , a blog from a group of docs from down under (Australia/ New Zealand), and would serve well to answer many of the questions you may have during your DOT physical about the urine test. How accurate is the urine […]
Mayo-ATRI NRCME Impact Survey: National Registry Sharply Criticised and CME Incompetence Ranked Third in Motor Carrier Concerns
New Study Finds National Registry Not Reaching it’s Potential and Some Certified Medical Examiners Incompetent. DOT FMCSA-FAA-USCG-Rules-Regulations| Randolph Rosarion M.D. The Mayo Clinic and the American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI) recently released a joint study to gauge the experience of medical examiners, and trucking industry professionals (drivers and motor carriers) with the National Registry of […]
To Comment click article or Regulations.gov link provided. DOT FMCSA-FAA-USCG-Rules-Regulations| Randolph Rosarion M.D. The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) recommended DOT to take action, and in a joint FRA and FMCSA ANPRM the two agencies seek public input to address the prevalence of moderate to severe OSA in safety sensitive individuals, the associated risks, and […]
This OOIDA page will help you with the new medical certification requirements and the regulatory issues affecting truck drivers. Fighting for the rights of truckers and providing truck industry related benefits, services, rebates, insurance on trucks, education and tools for the trucking industry in grain valley, missouri and beyond. Source: Regulatory Issues, Owner-Operator Independent Drivers […]
Board Certified physician in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R) Certified National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME) Certified Medical Review Officer (MRO) USCIS designated Civil Surgeon Certified Examiner of Divers (Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine Society) FAA designated Aviation Medical Examiner (AME)
- DOT Medical Examination Forms-Certificate (download)
- Heart Disease and Commercial Driver Certification Guidelines
- Controversies Loom over 2016 Obstructive Sleep Apnea Recommendations
- NYS Article 19-A Physicals
- DOT physicals post NRCME, sleep apnea, driver rage, doctor shopping and other medical certification issues
- Need a second opinion after a DOT physical? Check what 49 CFR 391.47 says.
- Learning about the parts of a truck- A Video
- High Blood Pressure and the DOT Medical Examination: "real", or "white coat", - Guidelines still apply.